Athens, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: Probation come looking for my uncle at his residence witch is next door to me . he wasn't home. Police then came to my h

I told my uncle's probation officer he was not there and they asked me to tie my dog as i was out of their sight the police officer claimed he searched my house and found drugs and my grandfathers gun . I was then took to jail. . I didnt know what I was being charged with until my bond hearing . i was being charged with felony with firearm. And I did first offender successful in 2014 so im not a convicted felon.. Also the police didnt have a search warrent for my address only my uncles next door to me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy S. Reeves Jr.
Tracy S. Reeves Jr.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I presume your Uncle's address is next door and not your address. Did you give the officer consent to search and/or look for your Uncle in your home? Do you have your disposition showing that you successfully completed your First Offender sentence?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.