Morristown, TN asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Tennessee

Q: I'm in Tennessee, my daughter was born while I was in prison .

When I was released her mother decided then to tell me she adopted her out and her husband had acted like me and went to court with her and forged my name to the paperwork . All this happened while I was in prison and I never knew till I got out and I want my daughter . Will TN overturn a adoption for these circumstances so I can get her?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: It will be very difficult, and the chances for success are not good. But this may be something you can do yourself if you will research the adoption Statutes and find each and every violation which was a fraud on the Court. You probably can go to the Court which ordered the Adoption and serve the petition and summons on all concerned, possibly even the child or at least the former Guardian Ad Litem. Worst case, file it in Chancery Court. Be prepared to appeal at least once. The SOL on Perjury has probably run.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.