Saint Joseph, MO asked in Child Support and Criminal Law for Missouri

Q: I had a SIS over 7 years ago for Child Support. How do I get this removed from my background check.

It shows up as "pleading guilty of a felony" it's preventing me from getting back my CCW which I had before after the SIS. I am trying to start a P.I. business and need this resolved. I served my country and still working for federal govt for totaling 32 years and hold a Top Secret clearance. Why can I not carry a weapon? No other law issues.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Caroline Bundy
Caroline Bundy
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You can seek expungement, depending on the greater specifics of your history.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.