Union City, TN asked in Uncategorized for Tennessee

Q: I was charged with a class A felony on a vouluntary drug test on a child custody case in which im not the parent off.

I was never shown any test results but yet I was criminally charged. When I was arrested i never received a copy of the warrant either.I had to hire a attorney and which the case was dismissed. I called my attorney and got a copy of my file and still no test results or a copy of any arrest warrant. What should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: That is a Government Tort Liability Act case, which is complicated, non-jury, and has a 1 year SOL. Damages are statutorily capped. You will need a competent attorney to sue the LEO's and County. It is probably better to have an out of County lawyer. Time is probably getting close. I might be interested unless you can find someone else with GTLA experience.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.