Milwaukee, WI asked in Family Law for Wisconsin

Q: The dad has primary placement, joint legal custody with decision Making up to father, my visits are to be supervised by

An adult acceptable to the father. We finished chips case 2years ago and it says it expires 2/4/2020 on case order next to where the order was written. Does that mean I still have no say or have to be supervised still? I was already allowed to take my kid for months at at time during quarentine. Now her dad is sick in hospital from blood infection (drug related) and could possibly be permenantly paraplegic. Only time will tell. I've been taking care of child now and need to know my rights to keep her.?also the reason why I got the shaft during chips case was because I was basically starting from ground zero up to get get her back and had no family support so it took me longer to get requirements and back on feet. He had just met his now girlfriend back then who basically did everything and more to get her back. She is financially more stable and he pretty much took advantage of her and still does. She is helping him to recover but not for sure it will be 100%.thank you!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
  • Wauwatosa, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: Not everything is clear as to your status. If the Chips order is expired, the family court Order controls. If there has been a substantial change of circumstances, you need to file a Motion for Modification of the Temporary Order as to placement of the children.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.