Glen Ellyn, IL asked in Traffic Tickets for Illinois

Q: Are my only options for this traffic ticket to PLEAD GUILTY and pay or to show up to court and may pay more?

My offense was "disobeyed traffic control signal". My ticket is marked NO COURT APPEARANCE REQUIRED.

When I wanted to pay on the website my only options were to plead guilty and pay or not pay at all.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Juan Ooink
Juan Ooink
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Bolingbrook, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: If those are the only options you were given, then yes. You should never just pay a moving violation ticket because it will go on your record as a conviction and your insurance company will be able to see it. You should appear in court and request Court Supervision. Yes, you will pay an increased fine, but your insurance company will not be able to see this Court Supervision on your record. If you are still confused, you should hire an attorney to assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.