Denver, CO asked in Criminal Law for Idaho

Q: How can I prove I lied to police about ex putting his hands on my neck???

Next morning I called police to say I lied, they came out, listened & spoke to him on phone, said they wanted to confirm what I said. Told him he could come get some clothes, then they arrested him. I went & spoke to prosecutors & detectives, I am willing to go to jail, I lied & I have no idea how to try & right this situation. He is charged with attempted strangulation,

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: You can do an Affidavit telling the truth about the lie you told. Sign your name and above your name, write these words:

"I certify (or declare) under penalty of perjury pursuant to the law of the State of Idaho that the foregoing is true and correct."

Mail this to the prosecutor (a copy) and ask them to dismiss the charge(s) against your bf.

Good luck to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.