Asked in Divorce for Michigan

Q: If my husband to get the QDRO for 1/2 my retirement (2014 divorce), do I need to remind him?

2014 J.o.D. awarded husband 1/2 my 403(b) account and 1/2 pension. I'm planning to retire next year but am I responsible for getting the QDRO. J.O.D. says that he is responsible for all costs. If he fails to do the QDRO/EDRO by a certain time, do I get to keep my full retirement?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Zamzow
Michael Zamzow
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: This type of question is unlikely to get any specific response, there is just not enough information.

You'll want to contact a family law attorney, or general litigator to discuss some of the risks arising from what you're describing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.