Eau Claire, WI asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Wisconsin

Q: Changing physical custody and placement from full to shared.

Ok well Aug 2018 I was using drugs and I tried committing suicide slit my wrist, got put on a chapter 51 , sent to a group home by the judge until end of Dec 2018, kicked out for using drugs in there, Nov 2019 got a misdemeanor drug/paraphanelia charge and put on probation, during my time in the group home my kids dad filed court he got full custody and full placement, i am only allowed to see them supervised every other sat, however, hes refused for two years now to bring them which he is required to do in the court order, whats the chances if i file a motion to change placement/custody i can get some rights back, ive gotten clean, im on meds for my mental health and my po even wrote me a letter saying ive done everything asked of me and not failed any drug tests.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Wauwatosa, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: If your situation has changed substantially since the time of the last Order, you can file a Motion to Modify Placement and Custody if the last Order was not the initial Order. Otherwise, you can also file a Petition to Enforce the existing placement schedule and request that the Court find him in contempt for not compying with the existing Court Order. You should consult with an experienced family law attorney in your area to assist you with this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.