Miami, FL asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Florida

Q: I need guidance creating a power of attorney along with other end-of-life affairs with respect to me and my mother.

I need guidance creating a power of attorney along with other end-of-life affairs with respect to me and my mother.

Mom is in her 80's and we first need a power of attorney to be recorded so that I may legally manage all her finances/accounts as well as update her Last Will & Testament.

Also interested in exploring pros & cons of Quit Claim Deed vs a Trust or other options to determine if I should/could take ownership of her home now or later on. There is an open equity line on the house in case that info is useful. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Look for a local estate planning attorney that offers a free consultation. These are all good questions that should be discussed and explained verbally.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.