Hugo, MN asked in Products Liability for Minnesota

Q: Bloody fluid bandage in fast food bag while eating. PE cond including SLE and had open mouth sores. Was Cont by ins adj.

I of course informed the local store and filed a complaint with corporate. The manager contacted me to tell me he found no evidence of an injured employee. But today an insurance adjuster for the food chain contacted me. While speaking of my concern due to a number of pec including an immune system disease (SLE) and a history of open mouth sores which i had at the time and still do, i informed him i contacted my Dr and being i am not a normal healthy pt i will need to have lab work done for at least 3 months & monitoring for hep a, b, c and Hiv. Also, on the day i spoke to the manager and explained what kind of band aid it was, he told me they only used a certain color, but did not have any in store. I find it great that theyre acting so concerned, but am now leary that the adj told me he could approve 3 months of paying for my labs. I informed him my body reacts differently to intrusive viruses and i may need to be tested 2 monthly. He said "that would run 12,000. I can only say 1 mo.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Minnesota attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. As a starting point, you could ask them if they would recognize your position if you provided a physician's note or narrative. You could also reach out to a Minnesota attorney to discuss in greater detail. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.