Naperville, IL asked in Family Law for Wisconsin

Q: ex didn't follow orders for 4 years. took to court for enforcement, judge said I abandoned kids, and pay $1000 gal fee

She took the kids and I didn't know where they were for the first 6 months. Then, after the court order, I was granted supervised visitation only, because I was on probation. The supervisor my ex listed on the order, whom she didn't even ask beforehand, was my sister. Not wanting to get in the middle, my sister wouldn't supervise my visits. To hire a state supervisor, is around $50/hr. I was granted 8 hours every other Saturday, equaling $800/month on top of the 50% in child support. I filed to have the order changed and was denied. I filed for enforcement of the order and when I walked into court, the judge told me that since I had abandoned my kids for the last 4 years, a gal was again appointed, and before she would start on the case, I would have to pay her $1000. I completed probation 2 years ago now, and have been trying to see my kids since the day she took them and left. I don't know where to go from here

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
  • Wauwatosa, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: There would need to be more information provided to respond to this question, primarily for which reason were you on probation. What were the charges. Also, were you incarcerated for a period? You should consult with an experienced family law attorney to determine your rights and strategy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.