North Las Vegas, NV asked in Family Law for Missouri

Q: Can I go after my sons father LLC Business? He owes thousands in back child support.

My ex recently asked for a modification (he has never paid any child support ) and during the interview he lied about his income and not having a Business. I just recently found out the name of his business, where it’s located and how long the business has been registered with the state of MO. He, his mother and his wife are registered as organizers of the business. Can I go after his business for back child support?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: An organizer of a business need not have an ownership interest in the business. If your ex has an ownership interest in a Missouri LLC, contact an attorney to see whether you could obtain a "charging order" against the LLC or otherwise garnish it.

Ronald J. Eisenberg

Schultz & Associates LLP

640 Cepi Drive, Suite A

Chesterfield, MO 63005

Direct: (636) 733-6647

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.