Arlington, TX asked in Civil Litigation for Louisiana

Q: A contractor poured cement in my driveway ;taped it off my neighbor child stepped in it and left foot print. Need a case

A contractor poured cement in my driveway; taped it with Caution tape. My neighbor child ran in the cement while it was wet and messed my driveway up left foot prints. I had to pay to redo it. I ask my neighbor to reimburse me. He refused and said it was not his fault. So I have filed a suit again him and I am wanted help finding 1-2 cases I can use to reference this similar case. I have filed a lawsuit in city court, I took pictures and I have a court date. I am requesting a revised statute case I can use similar to this same case

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: File suit in justice of the peace court for the repair if it is under $5000. You need to have taken pictures and the driveway needs to have been blocked off. Your neighbor is 100% responsible for the actions of his minor children.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.