Saint Charles, MO asked in Bankruptcy, Divorce and Family Law for Missouri

Q: Spouse has filed for divorce in NM, I live in MO. I recently had a stroke, any services willing to represent me?

Had a stroke on Feb1st. Spouse filed for divorce in NM. No representation, and not sure if I will ever work again. Would love to have some kind of representation as I am already having a hard time grasping an understanding due to the stroke.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Caroline Bundy
Caroline Bundy
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You could seek to have the venue changed to Missouri, depending on your mobility and where the marriage was filed, etc. I would speak to a family law attorney near you and see if they can offer more guidance on the specifics of your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.