Indianapolis, IN asked in Traffic Tickets for Missouri

Q: I got a speeding ticket doing 26+ over from a Missouri state patrol officer can I have devise on what I should do

Never had a dwi

First ticket doing that much over

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrea Rogers
Andrea Rogers
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • St. Louis, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You can hire a traffic ticket lawyer to get your ticket amended to a non-moving, no-point infraction that won't cause points to be added to your driving record, and it won't cause your car insurance rates to increase. You won't have to appear in court if you hire an attorney to represent you.

26 miles over the limit is pretty high, and is not a minor traffic violation, so you might be required to attend traffic school before your attorney can convince the Prosecutor to amend the ticket. The outcome depends on which court your case is being prosecuted in (every county is different regarding how lenient or strict the judge and prosecutor are), how bad your driving record is, your age, what time of day it was when you got pulled over, and the location.

Most experienced speeding ticket attorneys will give you a free consultation over the phone with a flat fee price quote, and they can also give you an estimate of the fine & court costs you will have to pay.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.