Colorado Springs, CO asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Colorado

Q: If mental health is brought forward by the other parent and I’ve had my children for the last year but we do have a

Permanent order of 50/50 and he is now trying to go back to the permanent order without letting me know his progress with his mental health will the judge find me in contempt? He did file a contempt against me. I have filed to modify the order to 70/30 and he filed a contempt once he received the motion.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You are obligated to follow the existing order unless and until it is changed. There are not enough facts here to predict whether there are grounds for anyone to be found in contempt. As far as letting you know of progress with his mental health treatment, it depends on whether the current order requires that.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.