Asked in Collections for Missouri

Q: I am being sued in mo. for medical bill that was not submitted to my insurance and bill was sent to ex wife nov 2019

I had a heart attack and was sent to another hospital with a cardiologist on staff. I cant recall being asked at ER for medical card and a person in billing said i was listed as self pay, even though i had the same insurance in 2012 visit. The hospital said I should have sent change of address forms but I have letters adressed to me postmarked prior to nov 2019. do i need a lawyer?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Collections Lawyer
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: If enough money is at stake and you can afford an attorney, I recommend you hire one to defend the case or to try to negotiate a settlement.

Ronald J. Eisenberg

Schultz & Associates LLP

640 Cepi Drive, Suite A

Chesterfield, MO 63005

Direct: (636) 733-6647

Fax: (636) 537-2599

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.