Milan, TN asked in Uncategorized for Tennessee

Q: I was and charged with a class A felony on a vouluntary drug test in which I was never shown or given any results.

The child does not belong to me nor do I have any legal rights to.I had to bail out of jail and was assigned a public defender but on the court date the public defender was a no show.The judge then tells me that I would have to hire one.I hired a one and my case was dismissed.My question is that is there anything I can do about this because the only I went to jail was because a petition was entered in to court hearing I which my name was mentioned but yet I was never subpoenaed or anything. AlsoThe place I went and took my drug which was in a different county then which I live released my results to a third party but never sent me any.i never signed a release form or anything like that. I called and got my file from my lawyer after the case was over and there is no drug test results nor was there anything of a arrest warrant. Just my bond paper and a affidavit of a compliant that's it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: The affidavit of complaint is the charge and the bond is evidence of your being incarcerated. But why would you take a voluntary drug test? That will hurt any suit for a GTLA action under 18 USC §1983. You will have to identify the actual persons that did this, and you will have trouble finding a competent attorney to file within the SOL.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.