Wentzville, MO asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Missouri

Q: How much child support would I receive from the father of my child that makes around $350,000 a year?

We aren’t married. We live together and are planning to separate. He is the father of my child. I have not worked in the last year because he didn’t want me to. I have no income.

1 Lawyer Answer
Steve D. Hardin
Steve D. Hardin
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • St. louis, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Details will matter such as how many children, the special needs of the children, insurance costs for the child, any work related child care costs, if the paying parent has any other child support.

In short you need to consult with a family law attorney about your case to get a reasonable estimate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.