Covington, LA asked in Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: How much time will I get if I have a POSS SCH IV CDS W/INTENT DIST

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Wade Thomas Visconte
Wade Thomas Visconte
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Shreveport, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: It depends on what you can negotiate with the D.A. or whether the D.A. has a "standard" plea deal. If you go to trial, the D.A. will probably seek the maximum amount of time provided by law. You should hire a local CRIMINAL attorney because they will have knowledge on how to deal with the D.A.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.