Liberty, TN asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Tennessee

Q: My father has a living will and it states then his girlfriend is the executor over the will.

My father's will states that his girlfriend and her grandson can continue living in the home after his death. It also states that the house is left 50% to me and 50% to his girlfriends grandson. I live in the state of Tennessee it is start anything I can do after his death and contest it and have them removed from the home?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Frank J. Steiner
Frank J. Steiner
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Nashville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: File a muniment of title with the will. Change title and eject the girlfriend. The will control over anything told to the girlfriend.

Anthony M. Avery agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.