Brownsville, PA asked in Divorce for Pennsylvania

Q: How do you go about having an ex spouse removed from a deed that is not on the mortgage?

This was a no fault divorce, so nothing was stated in the divorce decree. She lives in the home and during the divorce, verbally stated she would make the payments. Since the divorce, she has remarried and has promised numerous times that she was going to refinance to get the mortgage in their name. They are not making payments regularly and sometimes going months without payment.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott L. Levine
Scott L. Levine
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If there was no Settlement Agreement executed in this case and neither party filed a count for Equitable Distribution during the Divorce, the remedy now is most likely a Complaint for Partition.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.