Lake City, FL asked in Divorce, Family Law and Civil Rights for Florida

Q: I am paralyzed, I have MS

I am paralyzed, I have MS

I am indigent, as the judge said, Ms Ford makes nine times as much as I do, and she can afford private counsel.

I have advocated my position on previous counsels failure to file the mandatory disclosure upon filing in accordance with the rules for months.

I am disabled. The stroke and the Multiple Sclerosis have severely impacted my ability to communicate or articulate my position.

I used my savings on the down payment and the repair of her home.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tami Lane Augen
Tami Lane Augen
  • West Palm Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Hi, it is not clear what your question is. However, you may want to see if you can obtain the assistance of an attorney from a local Legal Aid society in your county. Alternatively, contact your local bar association to see if there are any pro bono attorneys. Additionally, your local courthouse may have a self-help service desk to provide you with forms and direction. Finally, you may want to see if there is an attorney who would be able to assist you via what is called a "limited appearance." This is where an attorney can appear for a limited hearing or purpose in your matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.