Columbia, MO asked in Family Law for Missouri

Q: I was served paternity papers in Louisiana. From Missouri. How do I respond?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Keya Reed
Keya Reed pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Saint Peters, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You will need to file an answer to the petition within 30 days after receiving service. I would suggest that you find an attorney in Missouri to help with this matter or file pro se if you are comfortable. The state of Missouri has documents available online if you choose to represent yourself.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.