Chambersburg, PA asked in Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: My ex is very in consistent with our 2 year old daughter is it possible that he will get custody?

My ex is in and out of our daughters life and only gets involved when it is convenient for him he does nothing to support her he can’t even show up to work on time let alone everyday... he drinks all day everyday and can’t keep stable living, domestic relations can’t find an address for him for the past mi tu now... he has another child who is in the custody of the state.... he says he is going to fight for custody of our daughter because that is the only way they will give him his other child...

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan L Hyde
Ryan L Hyde
  • Exton , PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Custody cases are very fact specific. Him saying that he is going to fight for custody and him actually going through the process are two very different things. The simple fact of the matter is there are 16 custody factors that the judge is charged to consider. Your best bet is to consult with an experienced family law attorney and determine how to best present your case on those 16 factors. He is entitled to some visitation, but is unlikely to win full custody.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.