Tampa, FL asked in Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: My sons had me arrested for domestic battery but I am the victim. I went to jail then got ROR can I go file charges

She attacked me I have a black eye and my other eye is swollen and she tased me. She had no marks but she called police the next day. I went to jail for 1 day. I just got out. Can I file charges of my own

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tom Murphy
Tom Murphy
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your question is confusing, was it your daughters or your sons? Anyway - you can try. It is up to the state whether charges are filed. Usually the first person to call the cops wins. Do you really want to file charges against your children? Get an attorney, have her call the prosecuting attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.