Dallas, TX asked in Family Law and Elder Law for Louisiana

Q: If I have a parent who is constantly confused, lying about events and circumstances to police, how do I stop this.

I need my clearly distraught over my father's death, and clearly in need of mental health Mother' medical attention.asap, before her lies and misconstrued mind has the police believing im.a monster and arrested ,and I'm not even in the same parish as her morning same house..please help me .who do I speak to to help get her help and clear my name and false alligatoons with ??? I'm in Louisiana , state East Baton Rouge parish.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You have 2 choices:

1) cut all connection to her. Change your email & phone number and get off social media. Perhaps also get an attorney to file a Restraining Order.

2) if you think it is a mental health/substance abuse issue, an attorney in her parish/county can do an interdiction/guardianship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.