Belleville, MI asked in Child Support for Michigan

Q: my daughter is 1 no longer lives in my house and is with her father. Will they dismiss him having to take paternity test

My daughter Is 1 years and has been receiving Medicaid through the state. I recently signed up for food assistance for my son (separate father) and surprisingly today my daughters father was served papers to take a paternity test for possible child support and she was t on my case did food. My worker advised that I take my daughter off my case completely and get private insurance for her. I told them my daughter now no longer lives in my house and lives with her father. Will they still make her father comply and take a DNA even tho she’s off the case now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: Possibly. It could be averted by both of you signing an acknowledgment of paternity perhaps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.