Lewistown, PA asked in Domestic Violence for Pennsylvania

Q: I want to sue the county because I am a victim of domestic violence that got strangled,hit in the with a rock assaulted

bye my ex boyfriend which I had arrested i have memorie loss from all the abuse I went to court to testify and it was like the da didn't want to listen to me it was like they were trying to say me and my sister got into a fight which never happened the night I was strangled and assaulted from my ex boyfriend that called my husband the night before and said the next time you see her she will be in a body bag so that night when he called me and my husband called the police and we told them what he said but it was like they didn't care and we also showed the officers a court order paper says he not allowed around her because before the police were he outside my house messing around and we also told the officer that to but nothing was done...back to the court like I was talking about the da told me that they were going to reschedule the court but they annulled all the cases and they never contacted me they had pictures of all the bruises and the cut my head

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I don't see a case there as the DA is given great lattitude in what to do. However if you want there is a group called the Womens Law Project that may be able to better direct you. Certainly you can ask for a PFA.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.