Loveland, CO asked in Family Law for Colorado

Q: My parenting plan was set so my son would have to go stay with his mom in Florida for the summer. We live in Colorado

She has since moved back to Colorado, am I still required to send him to her house For the whole summer even tho it was specified about exercising her time in Florida. She is refusing to communicate about a new plan even tho she already agreed to a new plan (over text) when she first arrived.i allowed her time to see him during the school year even tho that’s my time with him. Now that summer is coming she is changing her mind so I can’t see him this summer.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: It sounds like you need a modification to the parenting plan based on the move. Given that the intent was that Mother should have summer parenting time, you should allow her the time even though she has relocated closer. You can file a motion to modify parenting time to get the ball rolling if she will not agree with you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.