Avon, IN asked in DUI / DWI for Indiana

Q: How can I best manage a DUI without a lawyer?

I recently made an extremely irresponsible decision and attempted to operate a vehicle after drinking.

I am no longer working (I am however taking time to learn how to create apps to create a business) due to the pandemic and thus cannot afford an attorney.

I know how this discussion could have hurt others and how it still can negatively change my life. Im grateful that no one was hurt.

I would deeply appreciate some guidance on how to manage my case for the best result possible.

Can you please assist me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew L. Bennett
Andrew L. Bennett
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Valparaiso, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: It would be in your best interest to not make another irresponsible decision and try to represent yourself. OWI/DUI cases can be technically difficult cases. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, you should ask for a public defender who can assist you in evaluating your case and negotiating a resolution.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.