Taylor, MI asked in Child Support for Michigan

Q: Trying to find info or a form to help my fiancee and I with intact family. Trying to get our child support canceled.

My fiancee and I took a 2 year break a couple years ago. Never married but been together now for 14 years total. Both where forced to pay not only child support but pay off our sons birth experience even though our son had full coverage through DHS. Now that we are back together and been together for 3 years now (after our 2 year break) and still paying child support and paying off our sons birth experiences. Ive been calling DHS all over MI and can not find anyone to help me with finding the right form I need in order to cancel us both having to continue to pay child support. I was told by friend of court in roger city mi that I needed to fill out the Intact family form then needed to bring the form back in so a judge can decide whether or not we should continue paying or not having to pay child support or birthing expenses .. If you could pleace help me I would so much appriate it. Thank you!!


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: You will need to make contact with the Friend of the Court office for your county (where your case originates). Every county is a bit different, and each county will have it's own forms. But generally, you'll need to submit paperwork attesting that you two are living together. DHS records should also reflect this, so be sure the person receiving benefits contacts the DHS case worker.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.