Davenport, FL asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Tennessee

Q: How To Respond To A Motion For Scheduling Order?

My mother is in the process of appealing a dependent and neglect petition and divorce, and she received a "Motion For Scheduling Order" in the mail pertaining to her case that she has been involved in for almost a year or so now. She briefly had an attorney, but is no longer able to afford one and is forced to file all her papers herself. The document received from the court reads, "Plaintiff moves this court for a scheduling order. Pending before the court is the defendants (My mother) appeal of a dependent and neglect petition as well as the divorce, property, custody and other issues related to the divorce. The parties should be instructed as to the courts intent with respect to which of these issues shall be addressed by the court and on what timeline. THIS MOTION IS SET TO BE HEARD ON (DATE, TIME AND LOCATION) IF NO WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THIS MOTION IS FILED AND SERVED IN THE TIME SET BY THE LOCAL RULES OF PRATICE, THE MOTION MAY BE GRANTED WITHOUT A HEARING. How should she respond

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hollins Sr.
Michael Hollins Sr.
  • Nashville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Your question is complexed and will need to be reviewed from the start of the case to know what to do moving forward. I would advise your mom to speak with a pro-bono attorney at Tennessee Legal Aid, or another qualified attorney with responding to this motion.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.