Dalton, GA asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Civil Rights for Georgia

Q: What will my sentence be for simple assualt it's my second charge and I was intoxicated and mentally manic

Suffocated and drugged to the point I cannot sit up when I was taking the first time to jail. I do not want to go back to jail what can I do

1 Lawyer Answer
Jermario L Davis
Jermario L Davis
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Simple assault is a misdemeanor. As such, it carries up to 12 months in jail. I would suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for representation. Furthermore, if you have been diagnosed with any kind of mental health disorders, gather that paperwork for your attorney - only. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.