Frederic, WI asked in Child Custody for Wisconsin

Q: Can one of you please review a part of my custody order? I didn't have atty, the ex says he can keep our child

I had a custody order filed over two years ago in Mille lacs county. Unfortunately I couldn't afford an attorney, and he could. Now my ex is claiming he doesn't have to let our daughter leave MN. I would've never agreed to that because my mother lives here (I live in Wisconsin since after the order was drawn up) there was a possibility I was going to need to stay with my parents. he'd already done that when he literally stole her from me and got away with it. Also we share legal and physical, I've had visits for two years. Let me know if I can send someone a copy of either the entire order or the phrase/section I'm concerned about. I'd really appreciate it. I need to know this information so that I can file for an ex parte if he keeps her for my next visit next weekend. I'm already about to start paperwork to modify but if I have a chance to go ex parte that's the road I should take, right?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jane E. Probst
Jane E. Probst
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Wauwatosa, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: There is no County in Wisconsin by that name. You will need to consult with an attorney licensed in the State in which the Order was entered.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.