Columbia, MO asked in Contracts and Construction Law for Missouri

Q: If a judge grants a motion to compel discovery and the question is only partially answered, what recourse do I have?

An important part of my case is to prove the inexperience of workers. The discovery question asked for names, addresses, and phone numbers of suppliers and workers for the project. After refusal to answer, a motion to compel the answer to the question was granted. An answer was received, but only the supplier information was given. What recourse do I have to get the information?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You could file a motion for sanctions for failure to comply with the judge’s order. First, contact opposing counsel and request a full answer. If necessary, consider getting the information through a deposition.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.