Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: My ex- husband and i were driving downtown Atlanta, he got pulled over by a cop for no tag.He purchased a vehicle about

May2021.they locked him up on warrant for child support.i have child support payment portal on my phone.i showed that he has been making some payments.Now he is still in jail from May 30th until present.Now they are saying he has a hold on him for violating his probation ...with no bond.he hasn't been to court as of yet! Why? I dont know.what can do besides talk to his parole officer,and i went to Fulton County Probation on Memorial Drive? Please advice

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sam McRae
Sam McRae
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: An attorney may be able to contact the court and prosecutor directly to schedule a court date for the probation violation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.