Milwaukee, WI asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law and Landlord - Tenant for Maine

Q: i have a situation that above me another tenant is doing drugs and pot,and it has made me sick and my cat sick

i did call M.P.D. and they came and tried to get her to talk,she didn't answer and i could hear her above me,i tried the landlord to do something,it has made me sick and my cat,what can i do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Fred Bopp III
Fred Bopp III
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Yarmouth, ME
  • Licensed in Maine

A: I do not know what "M.P.D." means. I would suggest you report this conduct to your local law enforcement agency and see what they can do for you. You could also report it to the town code enforcement officer or other appropriate official. Here is a link to some more information:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.