Asked in Family Law for Idaho

Q: My daughter was arrested and my grandson was taken into foster care. They refuse to consider me . What do I do?

I was the closest person to this child. He has a bedroom in my home and spent 5 days a week with me. I have never been arrested and have a stable work and homelife. They refuse to even talk to me and tell me why. I feel as though CPS. is just a guise for human trafficing. They are their own oversite and accountable to anyone. I desparitely need help to bring Aiden home but can't do this without leagal representation. I can not afford this and they are counting on that to take him.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: What do they tell you as their excuse for not considering you? Do you have any warrants or possibly living with someone on probation or parole? If you can't afford to hire a lawyer then go into the Court Assistance Office and ask them for a Petition for Guardianship and file it with the Clerk. Wait till the Court sets a hearing and then prepare your evidence - emails, text messages, receipts, photographs etc., whatever you want to show the Court to demonstrate that 1) H&W took this child, placed him among strangers rather than someone the child knows and loves; and 2) you are a good choice to be the child's guardian and the ONLY one the Court should choose. Good luck to you!

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.