Q: Tenn. Non-Resident Executor requirements?
I live in FL. My father is moving from FL to TN. I know upon his death I must file the form to name the Sec of State to receive legal notices. My question is about "CO-Executor".
1. Can I name this Co-Executor AFTER my father passes or is it required to be named in the will?
2. What if he does not name a CO-Executor in his will?
3. What if we do not know anyone to name as Co-Executor in TN?
4. Is the Co-Executor just someone that can be available locally to deal with any in person issues or are they required to sign off on EVERYTHING the Executor does?
5. Is there anyway to NOT have a Co-Executor? I have been handling my father's finances for some time now and everything is automated and handled electronically currently.
Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.
The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.
Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.