Asked in Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: I'm a sexoffender iv been registered for 20 years now my girlfriend 16 and I was20 how I got the charge she sence

Has written the Cort on my behalf to dismiss the charge and regerstration I have beenarried adopted 2 and had another child all 3 raised up right I missed 1 check in and non compliant with warrent not will I get a chance to post bail when I turn myself in tomorrow

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Based on your post, you should hire an attorney immediately----discuss with your attorney your situation, including the possibility of getting bail set so that you can bond out quickly---as well as defenses to your violation and your overall history. Again, based on your post, you need to hire the attorney now, if possible, and let him work on everything.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.