Florissant, MO asked in Civil Litigation and Landlord - Tenant for Missouri

Q: I am at the end of a contract for deed but now the seller is claiming that i defaulted and is trying to evict me. She

lied about some missed payments in court papers and i have copies of the checks, will the court side with me due to her lying in documents

1 Lawyer Answer
Ronald J. Eisenberg
Ronald J. Eisenberg
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Chesterfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: There’s no way someone can tell you whom the court will believe. What I can tell you is that contracts for deed generally go badly for tenants. You should hire an attorney if you can afford one. If you proceed pro se you’ll likely lose, especially if your landlord is represented by counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.