Birmingham, AL asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: Can someone be put on a criminal trespassing list if never signed any of the papers?

I had this issue start happening months ago when I met my boyfriend. His exes family all lives in the same apartment complex and ever since he started dating me they have been harassing us and stalking us but told the landlord we where harassing them and put him on a criminal trespass list that him nor I never signed. After a while the landlord just didn’t care because all they did was constantly complain to the landlord about us and she never cared he was here even Though she has seen him on the property. Now we have a new landlord who’s threatening to evict me because they keep Going to complain about my boyfriend and I constantly and anytime I tried to explain my side of the story it never got heard. I even wrote letters to the first landlord but I honestly think she didn’t do nothing about them harassing us and his exes grandma was caught on camera threatening to beat my boyfriend with a stick but they never got in trouble and we are still being harassed and stalked.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cayley Turrin
Cayley Turrin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: I would talk to a landlord tenant attorney about your issue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.