Williamsburg, IA asked in Traffic Tickets for Missouri

Q: I got pulled over and got a ticket for excessive speed and paraphernalia ticket. Then I got a letter in the mail because

My court time changed. They sent me copies of my tickets but I now have 3 tickets and only 1 is for excessive speed the other two are not tickets I received when I got pulled over. What should I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrea Rogers
Andrea Rogers
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • St. Louis, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You can hire an attorney to represent you for the tickets if you want to try and get them amended (reduced) to non-moving, no-point violations. Or you can plead not guilty and take it to trial.

After the police officer issued the excessive speeding ticket, they submitted it to the prosecutor, who decides whether or not to file the charges and can add additional charges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.