Semmes, AL asked in Child Support for Louisiana

Q: Do I have to show itemized receipts of my child’s school supplies to his father in order for him to pay for half?

I sent his father screenshots of the total and gave a list of the things bought. Shouldn’t this be sufficient as I am not asking for the full amount? I ordered the supplies on line so it would be easier but he is demanding an itemized receipt which I have no way of printing for him. I understand wanting to keep a record for yourself but I am supplying a record for him through text, screenshots, and emails.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If you ordered the school supplies on line, you can just forward a copy of the order to him

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.