Belton, MO asked in Bankruptcy for Missouri

Q: Chp 13 trustee paying child health insurance but not child support to custodial parent. Debtor's court ordered to pay

MO child support court ordered debtor to pay both monthly support to custodial and debtor to pay monthly health insurance. Trustee paying just health.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
David Reese Fondren
David Reese Fondren
  • St. Charles, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You need to review your own plan that you submitted to the court and make sure that the payment is in there. Talk with your attorney if you cannot find it. Do this IMMEDIATELY, as the payments are going to other creditors. The trustee has no way of knowing your intent if not in writing. If it is in the plan, then the trustee made a mistake. But your attorney and you did not catch it when the list of claims to be paid was sent to you. What happens next depends on what you find.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: What is your question?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.