Nampa, ID asked in Criminal Law for Idaho

Q: My daughter is 17 turns 18 in 2 mo. What are the laws for carrying a juvie charge to a adult?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: Your daughter's juvenile, criminal history is sealed; that is, unless she EVER gets in trouble after she turns 18. If she never gets in trouble no one will ever know about it. However, if she ever gets arrested after turning 18, all of her juvy records will be exposed by the prosecutors, who already possess a copy of them. They just love telling the court, that which they were forbidden from ever disclosing prior to her >18 arrest.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.