Houma, LA asked in Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: iI was trying to retrieve my belongings from an ex, and they instead incited an assult to happen. can they be charged?

I've contacted him countless of times to retrieve my belongings and he refused to respond.

went to a bar and he just so happened to be there, I messaged him letting him know again that I would like to get my things and that I would wait in the parking lot by my vehicle to speak more on the matter.

he then proceeded to get 2 girls to walk him to his vehicle which one of them then physically attacked me.

I've contacted law enforcement but, they were acting weird once I gave them my information..I have a warrant for previous aggravated assault due to the same ex verbally provoking violence..

Im a bit fearful and dont know what steps to take to address the matter.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You need to hire a criminal attorney before you call the police again so that you don't get arrested.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.