Kissimmee, FL asked in Child Support for New York

Q: Can I get a lawyer to investigate my case for child support? I feel like I been paying 20+ years with not solution.

I been paying child support for over 20+ years in arrears and paid off New York in 2 years 30,000. Now Massachusetts is saying I owe them 32000 which not only they take from my check every two week but they take my income taxes i feel like forever and when I look in child support acct it never goes down the amount I owe. Plus they put on the documents my daughter who is 24 years old today and my son who is 18 years old. My daughter lived with me and I went to court and have court document that she was suppose to be taken off but they still take child support from me till this day. I need help from a lawyer who can help me in this situation. I live in Florida and tried to get a lawyer but was told I need a NY lawyer. Please I need help really bad. Can you help?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Howard E. Knispel
Howard E. Knispel
  • Commack, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: New York is a big state. What county is the case in? Where does the mother live?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.